Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day 9 - What's In My Bag/Wallet




I've always wanted to do this, so I was excited about today's challenge! This is what I generally carry in my bag and my wallet all the time. Once Vince is here and I switch to a diaper bag, I'm going to have to change things up a bit. I haven't quite decided yet whether I'm going to combine my things with the diaper bag or just get a clutch. 

1. Wallet
2. Organizer - This one is a Martha Stewart binder. I love it, but an A5 is too bulky for my liking. Eventually, I'd like to downsize to a personal-sized Filofax.
3. Favorite Pen
4. Keys
5. Clip-On Sunglasses - I got these for about 14 bucks at Walmart and have had them for 3 years. They clip onto my glasses perfectly!
6. eos and Baby Lips lip balm
7. Water bottle - I can rarely ever leave the house without water. I'm always thirsty, especially in the summer, since it gets very hot here!
8. Earbuds - these are Panasonic. They are the best earbuds I've ever had.
9. Hand cream - I have very dry hands and I've found that my Bath and Body Works "Twilight Woods" triple moisture body cream works the best.
10. Gum and Listerine Strips - pregnancy lifesaver #1
11. Tums - pregnancy lifesaver #2
12. Coin Purse  - I prefer to keep change in my coin purse, because the coins tend to make my wallet very bulky.
13. Deoderant  - pregnancy lifesaver #3
14. Pepper Spray  - My sister in law was roofied a few years back, which resulted in my father in law getting all the girls pepper spray. I've had it in my purse since.
15. Wet Ones wipes 
16. Empty plastic bag  - You're probably thinking: "Why on earth?!". I've kept an empty bag (or two) in my purse since my first trimester in case I get sick. I can't tell you how many times they've come in handy!
(17. Cell Phone, not pictured)


I try to keep things simple in my wallet. I go through it on a regular basis to take out any receipts, so that I don't have a bunch of clutter in it. I do the same thing with my purse. As a general rule, I don't keep cash in my wallet. I don't see it as necessary and it just ends up adding more bulk. I keep all of my important cards in the slots, along with Mike's senior picture. (Because I'm cheesy that way. ;D) 
I am a bit old school and still pay our bills with checks...yes, I know. >.< Which also explains why I keep stamps in my wallet. There is a pocket behind my main cards where I stash store cards (Walgreens, Staples, Petco etc.), along with a few business cards. Behind my checkbook are two pockets, where I keep my stamps and transaction register. I really like using the transaction register, just so I have my budget and balance on hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/