Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 1 - My Blog's Name



When I first got pregnant, I was stuck in bed the majority of the time, due to my horrible morning sickness. I found myself reading mommy blogs and watching pregnancy vlogs on YouTube a lot, just to get an idea of what to expect in the future. It was then that I decided I wanted to create my own mommy blog. I had blogged before for a while, but never had a whole lot to write about, since my blog didn't really have a theme that I could come up with content for.

I knew from the very beginning that I wanted to be a stay at home mom; it was something I had always wanted. So I wanted my new blog to reflect that. My biggest issue was: "What the hell am I going to call it?!" I spent a bit of time pondering and ended up naming it "Neergaards, Nappies and Nonsense" at first. (Neergaard is our last name - or rather my future last name) I wanted a shorter name, but I figured I'd use it until I came up with something different.

A lot of the mommy blogs I read were by stay at home moms, which is where I came across the abbreviation SAHM. I don't remember quite how I ended up reciting a bit from Dr. Seuss' "Green Eggs and Ham" (don't judge the crazy pregnant lady!), but when I said "Sam I am" out loud, it hit me. Sam I am. SAHM I am. Brilliant. And voilà; we have a blog name! 



3 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you got this blog's name! It is so cute! What a sweet story. And welcome to the world of mommy blogging. It's so much fun & just wait until little Vincent gets here. Ahhhh!! Then the real fun begins. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love blogging - it has been a great way for me to step out of my shell and share my experiences as a first time mom! :D

      Delete
  2. Found your blog from the 30 day challenge post. I'm a new blogger

    ReplyDelete

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/