Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 14 - 3 Healthy Habits


Honestly, I barely have any healthy habits. I don't eat particularly healthy and since I got pregnant, I haven't been working out. >.< I really hate it and it is at the top of my list of things I want to change about my lifestyle, especially once my son is born. But here are my three!

1. I only drink water 
And I drink a lot of it! I know I've brought this up before, but really that's all I ever drink. I will occasionally drink something else (pretty much just coffee), but I find I need a water to go along with it. When I drink coffee, I see it as a treat or a snack and not as a beverage if that makes sense. I've never been a soda or juice drinker at all, even when I was little. I'd almost be interested to look at the difference if I were to drink something else exclusively instead, but I don't think I'd make it a day! I need my water!

2. I quit smoking. 
This should come naturally to many people, since many chose to never smoke in the first place. But this was very hard for me to do. Once you're addicted to something like nicotine, it's very difficult to quit. I had quit on my 21st birthday for almost a year and I am ashamed to admit I started again in May when I lost my grandmother. But as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I quit again cold turkey and have not touched them since. I am very proud of myself, despite the fact that I didn't quit the first time. I never, ever want to start again, especially now that I am having a child who will be looking up to me!  

3. Stress Management
I am doing everything in my power to manage my stress. For me, this is essential to being healthy. Health is not just physical, but also mental and it's difficult to be healthy if you don't equally focus on both. After dealing with depression for years and struggling with anxiety, I need to keep my mind clear and eliminate people and things from my life that are causing me unnecessary grief. I've had to completely change my attitude and way of thinking in order to deal with my issues and live a more fulfilled and happy life. It is so easy to give into the anxiety or sadness and let it take over you and trust me - there are days I still give into it! It takes a lot of work to close your eyes, take a deep breath and think positive and refuse to let your problems become you. But it is beyond worth it and I've seen my life go in a positive direction since I've made stress management a top priority!

 photo Leah_zpsc2dda01b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/