Sunday, November 17, 2013

Day 10 - Best Trip of Your Life


Hmm...this one is a bit difficult for me. Growing up, I was fortunate to get to visit some really neat places. Many people never get the chance to visit some of the countries I visited growing up. Although these trips were primarily to visit family, we still went sightseeing and did everything we could to embrace and appreciate where we were. Every other summer, we took trips to the US to either Illinois or New Mexico to visit family. We've also traveled to France and Italy to visit family members. 
The thing is, each trip came with it's own individual and awesome experience that I will cherish forever. So honestly, I really can't pick a "best trip" because they were all awesome for different reasons.
So I figured instead of sharing with you my dream vacation to Disney World (which I've still never been to) or my amazing week in the Bahamas, I'll share with you some pictures from some of the coolest places I've been to. 

Salzburg, Austria
In the lower right photo, you see the location where the Sound of Music was filmed
Venice, Italy
During this particular trip, we were visiting my mom's cousin and his wife. I can't remember exactly which city they lived in, but he was stationed in the military Venice. It was a great day trip!
Grand Canyon
Mesa Verde
Four Corners Monument
Can't help but laugh at how touristy we look - me in particular xD
Marseille, France
On the bottom left is us after going to the market with my lovely great aunt, who didn't speak a word of English! It made things very interesting! :D
Chicago, Illinois
Even though we were from Chicago before moving to Germany, this was one of the only times we actually went sightseeing in the city. This was when the "bean" was still under construction.

Tirol, Austria
I went to a sport camp in the summers of 2004 and 2006. Both times were amazing and the scenery is completely mind blowing and beautiful. These pictures are from 2006.
London, England
This was a week long trip I took with my class in May of 2010, in celebration of us finishing school. I'd love to go back someday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/