Wednesday, November 13, 2013

24 Weeks Pregnant



How far along? 24 Weeks - Vincent is the size of an ear of corn!
Total weight gain/measurements: I've been gaining about a pound a week for the last few weeks! I have hit 150 now, so I'm just three pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. :)
Maternity clothes: I wear them whenever I go out. At home, I just wear one of Mike's big shirts and yoga or flannel pants, since they are the most comfortable! I hate feeling all constricted by tight clothing, especially around the waist. I have also found I am struggling to fit in my bras. :/ I had bought two bigger ones a few months back, but they're already not fitting me! So I am definitely going to have to make another trip to Ross in the near future. 
Stretch marks? Nope! It's strange, because I got them really badly back around the end of 2009, when I had gained weight. But for some reason, I haven't gotten any yet this pregnancy! I was really thinking I'd have them by now. I've been using the Palmer's lotion when I get out of the shower, but I don't apply it 3 times a day like they recommend on the bottle. I am just not fond of the smell. And since apparently stretch marks are hereditary, I don't think the lotion will really help in the end anyway! It's nice to keep moisturized though. :)
Sleep: Sleep has been okay, but I find myself having to get up to use the restroom at night more and more! Thankfully, I haven't had too much trouble falling back to sleep once I climb back into bed. A lot of the time, I find myself having to take a nap during the day because I'm so exhausted, no matter if I got a good night's sleep or not! 
Best moment this week: Big news this week: Mike got the job we were hoping for! :D He took a driving test for the company last week, but I didn't want to share yet, because we weren't sure if it was going to work out or not. We are SO excited!! :D It pays really well and he will be able to be home every night. He goes in on Friday to fill out the rest of his paperwork, then it's off for a week of training in Tulsa on Monday! We could not be more thrilled! 
Miss anything?: A normal sized bladder! xD
Movement: There were a couple days this week that Vince wasn't as active, and it honestly freaked me out a little! But he is doing just fine - today for instance, he has been kicking quite a bit. I love it when he is active!
Food cravings: Sandwiches...I've been liking to make them with lettuce, tomato and mozzarella on toasted wheat bread. What I'm REALLY craving though is a Subway sandwich! O.O
Anything making you queasy or sick? You know, this week has not been bad! If I get a whiff of something unpleasant, it will make gag a little, but it hasn't made me throw up. I still get nauseous often, but I just take a Zofran and try to keep a little food in my stomach at all times. I tend to feel even worse if I'm hungry. And if the nausea is particularly bad, I just take it easy or lay down and rest for a bit and usually it goes away after a little while. I'm not counting on the vomiting to stay away for good, but I sure am grateful I haven't been throwing up lately! 
Gender: Little sir! :)
Labor signs: I had a little bit of a scary thing happen this past week. I started getting menstrual-like cramps in my abdomen and also in my back. They were extremely uncomfortable, but the thing was, they would only last about a minute and a half before disappearing completely...coming back about ever 15 minutes. I was so afraid I might be going into premature labor, since from what I understood, Braxton Hicks contractions aren't supposed to be that regular or that painful. Mike would press his thumbs into the muscles on either side of my spine, right under my ribs and it really relieved the pressure. I ended up laying down in bed after about three hours of this and thankfully it went away! I haven't experienced anything like it since. 
Symptoms: Tailbone pain, fatigue, possible Braxton Hicks. I've also been having pretty extreme hot flashes off and on in the evening. It always feels like someone turned the heater up WAY too high! lol
Belly button in or out? In most of the time, but the top of my belly button pops out when I stand up! It's pretty funny.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, but very emotional! I've shed quite a few happy, scared and I-don't-know-why-I'm-crying tears this week. 
Looking forward to: With Mike's new job, we will finally be able to start buying things for the baby! The nursery has been waiting to be decorated ever since my brother moved out. I can't wait :D 


1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

 photo Leah_zpsc2dda01b.png

6 comments:

  1. I remember those lack of bladder days- yikes. I also remember eating three bites of food and being stuffed beyond capacity! It was my worst nightmare. lol, at least you're past the halfway point and looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm definitely glad to be past the halfway mark now :D And I'll check out the blog you recommended!

      Delete
  2. BTW There's another blogger I follow who is pregnant as well and only a couple weeks off from you who is also getting backaches and crampys, http://www.delightfulideas.com/2013/11/bump-update.html You guys would hit it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah! thanks for stopping by my blog! I always get so excited to meet a fellow blogger that's pregnant! So jealous that you are not having any problem sleeping when u get up at night. This has been challenging to me lately, I just try to get myself tired during the day that way i could easily fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog also, Lala! It's nice to meet you :) I'm sorry you've been having trouble sleeping! I never thought fatigue or lack of sleep would be an issue until after the baby was here before I got pregnant. Boy was I wrong!

      Delete

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/