Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day 3 - My Favorite Quote


When considering favorite quotes years ago, I'd always think of my favorite lines from movies or TV shows. But I had never really had a quote that guided me and inspired me until I moved back to the United States in 2010. I'm glad my uncle introduced it to me. It is:

"Life Begins at the End of your Comfort Zone"

Neale Donald Walsch


Moving to the United States without my parents or my brother was very difficult for me. When we moved to Germany, my family truly became my security blanket, which they really already were, since I was only nine, but even more so at that point. I would even find myself getting attached to certain friends and posessions. In a way, I became allergic to change of any kind. I hated it and since my whole world had turned upside down when we moved, I did everything in my power to avoid it. I kept friends who really weren't friends, I stayed in destructive relationships longer than I should have...all because it was comfortable and I didn't want to lose the security that came with that. 

So when I moved, I was really scared. I was afraid of the change and felt completely vulnerable. But the quote taught me something. If I had stayed where I was and not made that gigantic leap, my life would still be in the same spot it was before I left. And to be honest, it was not a very got spot and my life was going nowhere at that point. Stepping outside my comfort zone into something scary and unpredictable was the best thing I could have ever done! This quote continues to teach me that life can be so much more when you decide to take a leap of faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/