Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 11 - 10 Favorite Foods

I'm going to start this one off by saying - yes, I am aware that probably half the things on this list are everything but healthy, but hey. I'm just keeping it real. No judgement! xD 

1. Pizza
Yeah, I know I'm boring! But pizza, man....I love so many different kinds too! I really miss real, Italian pizzas, straight out of a stone oven. We had a couple of great Italian owned pizzerias in Germany, where you could even watch the pizzas baking from where you sat. But I also really like a good Chicago deep dish pizza. During my pregnancy, I've been LOVING Tombstone pepperoni pizzas! You'd think I'd get sick of them after a while, but I never do.

2. Käsespätzle
As you probably guessed, this is a southern German dish. Käse is cheese and Spätzle is a type of soft egg noodle. Cheese is melted or baked onto the noodles (usually Emmental cheese) and gravy, roasted onions and/or chives are often added on top. There are several different ways to make it. It is SO amazing. I've heard some people compare it to Mac and Cheese - I disagree. I guess the concept is similar, but Käsespätzle tastes 100000x more amazing! 
 
3. Loaded Baked Potato Soup
I think the first time I had it was at IHOP actually and I've been obsessed with it ever since! I've pinned so many recipes for it on Pinterest, but I haven't actually gotten around to making it yet. xD It's been a huge craving this pregnancy.

4. Mozzarella and Tomatoes
Plain, with balsamic dressing, on a sandwich...you name it. I love the combination. I miss those big soft blocks of mozzarella I used to be able to get at the store in Germany - for some reason I haven't been able to find it anywhere here in the US. Using that particular kind either diced with cherry tomatoes or sliced with slices of large tomato is my favorite!

5. CHEEEESE
I just love cheese. Even the smelly french kind. (Although not at the moment) Usually if a dish calls for it, I add 2x more than the recipe calls for, or I probably should. xD I'll just eat straight off of a block of cheese too. I feel the need to have cheese with and on nearly everything I eat!   

6. Green Bean Casserole (with lots of french fried onions)
I used to HATE green beans when I was little. Once my mom finally convinced me to try some of her green bean casserole, I've insisted on it being part of thanksgiving dinner. And now I like green beans plain too! :)

7. Chocolate
Need I say more? It's an addiction I'm not proud of!

8. Bananas
No matter how sick and lousy I feel, I can almost always eat a banana. They taste good and have been an absolute lifesaver during my pregnancy!  

9. Popcorn
Buttered, please. 

10. Chicken
I really like any dish that includes chicken. It doesn't really matter to me how it's prepared or what it's mixed with! 


 photo Leah_zpsc2dda01b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/