Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 19 - My Favorite Movie

Oh gosh...I have got so many favorites! If I were forced to pick a single one, though, it would have to be Almost Famous. I am a huge fan of Cameron Crowe and he did a phenomenal job directing this film. Aside from loving classic rock and the music in this film, I'm also in love with the atmosphere. It makes me want to go back in time and be on that bus touring with them and singing "Tiny Dancer". If you have not watched this movie yet, I highly recommend you do! 

I absolutely HAVE to name 4 more though, so that I have a top 5! I just don't think I could complete this post without including these!

The Princess Bride
I think I was probably about 7 or 8 the first time I watched this movie and it has been one of my favorites ever since. It was also the first movie I ever watched with Mike and I am glad it will stay a favorite in our family. :) I'll admit to have the whole damn thing memorized, because I've seen it so many times! If you're into "Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love....miracles...", then you must see this movie! Besides that, it's hysterical!

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Hunter S. Thompson? Johnny Depp? Need I say more? I can't tell you how many times I've read the book and watched the movie and it just never gets old. Johnny Depp portrayed this character so perfectly and I can not get over how amazing his acting is in this movie! And of course, the setting is in the 70s, so I adore the music.

The Green Mile
This was the first movie to ever make me cry. Sob big crocodile tears, if I'm completely honest. It gets me every single time. I don't know what it is about Tom Hanks, but his acting really emotionally draws me into a movie. 

Alice in Wonderland
The cartoon. I've loved it ever since I was little and it is definitely my favorite Disney film! It's just that perfect mix of beautiful, trippy and strange. I could just escape into that world! I get a kick out of watching it in German, because a lot of the dialogue makes ABSOLUTELY no sense at all which makes it even more trippy and cool! xD Another one I really liked was the TV Movie Hallmark version with Tina Majorino, Martin Short and Robbie Coltrane. 

 photo Leah_zpsc2dda01b.png

2 comments:

  1. Favorite movies are hard to narrow down. There are so many good ones! But Almost Famous is definitely up in my top 50 lol I think "No Country for Old Men" is in my top 10 but I could never narrow down to just 5 like you did! Good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I've never seen No Country for Old Men before! I really need to watch it - there are too many good movies I haven't seen yet! Would you believe I finally saw Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time last week? >.< Terrible! Haha

      Delete

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/