Wednesday, December 11, 2013

28 Weeks Pregnant



How far along? 28 Weeks - Vince is the size of a cabbage this week.
Total weight gain/measurements: 151! Gained a pound this week. I think my midwife will be glad.  
Maternity clothes: Mike and I went to Ross on Saturday! I got my very first pair of maternity jeans - they are so comfortable. I actually laughed, because I picked out a few pairs to try on and it was the pair that MIKE picked off the rack that I ended up getting! I also found two nice longer-sleeved maternity shirts, one of which I plan to wear when we take our Christmas card picture. :) It was so nice to get a few more maternity items! 
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Sleep: Eh. Didn't ever end up taking Benadryl this week. I am not able to sleep longer than two hours at a time anymore and it is getting more and more difficult to fall back to sleep, sometimes impossible. One thing I wish I had been told before getting pregnant, was that sleep isn't just going to be bad once the baby is here. It's going to suck during pregnancy too! I think my body is trying to prepare me for when baby is here too, because I know I'll be getting up with him every 2 hours or so in the beginning for feedings.  
Best moment this week: Going to the mall with Mike! This is something we hadn't been able to do in over half a year. It was really nice! :)
Miss anything?: Still missing having a normal sized bladder! xD  
Movement: For the first time yesterday morning, I saw his little foot slide from about two inches above my belly button, down around the side of my belly! It was so cool...I really wasn't expecting to be able to see that with an anterior placenta! :D I wish Mike would have seen it. No telling when that will happen again! Also; I've definitely begun to notice more of a routine in his activity. Usually his most active time is at night or in the morning, when I am laying down, but lately I've been feeling and watching my belly dance around noon as well! :3
Food cravings: Still liking to eat yogurt every day! But it really isn't so much a craving.  
Anything making you queasy or sick? Acid reflux. I've been trying to eat foods that don't trigger it, but sometimes it just happens anyway. When I get it, it's usually at night, when I am laying down. If it's really bad, it will cause me to throw up and it is beyond unpleasant. Unfortunately, zofran does not help with this. I am planning on picking up some Mylanta at the store this week to see if it will help.
Gender: Boy :)
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: Not much of a change from last week. Main symptoms this week are acid reflux, back pain and fatigue. The fatigue I had in the first trimester is definitely back! I have been avoiding naps though, because I'm afraid they will just mess up my nights even more! 
Belly button in or out? Haven't really noticed a difference from last week. I do find it a bit amusing though, watching my belly button pop either in or out depending on the way I sit! When I stand it's always halfway out though.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy most of the time, but definitely emotional! I will often cry for absolutely no reason at all, or for something so stupid, like a touching article, that it ends up making me laugh!
Looking forward to: My mom arriving! Not sure yet exactly which day she will make it into town, but she is flying in on Friday. Also looking forward to my next prenatal appointment on Monday! I haven't gotten the results from my glucose test back yet (assuming and hoping that is a good sign), so I hope to find out then.


1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
 photo Leah_zpsc2dda01b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/