Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summer Beauty Favorites

Quite frankly, I do not go shopping for things besides people and animal food, cleaning supplies and cat litter often enough at the moment to even attempt to make this a monthly thing. So, I figured I'd throw all the products I've enjoyed over the summer and throw them in one big post. :) Hope you enjoy!


Garnier Skin Renew Products
Lately, I have truly fallen in love with Garnier's Skin Renew products. Especially since the beginning of my pregnancy, I have been breaking out terribly and having to give my skin a little extra attention. I had gotten both these products a while back but didn't realize what a difference they were making until now. I have the Dark Spot Overnight Peel and the Anti Eye-Puff Roller. I don't necessarily apply the peel right before bed, but I only put it on when I will not be applying any makeup for the rest of the day. The scent of both products, just like all the other Garnier products are very light and fruity. When I use the roller, I can actually feel it working. It feels warmer and a bit tingly under my eyes...it's a very soothing feeling. I've noticed it also really helps wake them up in the mornings after washing my face.
 I have had times when I look at myself in the mirror and I am not kidding, I look like Frankenstein. Because of breakouts I have red spots all over my face and my under eyes look grey from poor sleep. I put on the peel and apply the gel from the roller all around my eyes. The next time I look in the mirror, my face looks completely refreshed and awake. I love it! 



In addition, I got two other Skin Renew products that are more along the lines of makeup; the Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller and the Skin Renew BB Cream in light/medium shade. I have to say that I am very pleased with both products - they are very light feeling on the skin and look more natural than any other makeup I've used. And I feel like I am doing something good for my skin at the same time. I find that when using all these products, my skin tone looks a lot more even and healthy. The price is a little higher on these, but they last such a long time and in the end I think they were a good investment.



Pantene Pro V Beautiful Lengths and Intensive Restoration
For several years, the only shampoo and conditioner I ever bought and used was by Herbal Essences. I liked the scent, it was affordable - it worked. However, in the last several months, my hair breakage has become beyond ridiculous. The shampoo and conditioner was literally stripping my hair down to the core. I couldn't brush through my hair one time without what seemed like half of it falling out and I knew it was time for a change. I did some reading and decided on Pantene Pro V, which I had used with success before in Germany. I am not sure why I stopped using it. I bought the Beautiful Lengths Strengthening shampoo and conditioner. I also bought a little tub of the Intensive Restoration treatment to use in combination. After just a few washes, I notice an incredible difference! I think if I actually cut off my split ends and continued using these products, they would not come back. I dyed my hair on a regular basis in Germany and while using Pantene, I never had split ends like I had while using Herbal Essences. Maybe my hair just doesn't like that particular brand. I am beyond happy with Pantene - I think I will stick with this brand for a while!




Sorry for the absolutely crappy picture - bathroom lighting isn't the greatest!


Sweet Mint eos Lip Balm
When I first discovered these, I wanted one in every single color and scent, but the one I've fallen in love with in particular is the Sweet Mint. For some reason it seems to apply smoother than all the others and it is by far the one I use the most. My lips don't crack anymore, unless I don't apply and I love how smooth they are. 




Bio Oil
After trying Palmer's Stretch Mark Cream, I really wanted to try and use an oil instead. The smell of Palmer's was too strong for me and I ended up never using it. The oil however really absorbs into your skin nicely and it has a more natural and light scent to it. I ordered it off of Amazon and I am pleased with it so far!





Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Pads
I had actually made a post about this product on my first blog, but since I love it so much, I figured I'd add it again! I swear by these pads. I use them every day on my face in the mornings before I apply my cream. They work wonders. They dry out my acne effectively without drying out my skin. They are a bit strong smelling and I have to close my eyes when I use them, but they are an item I will repurchase over and over again!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/