Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Ultrasound!

I had my 2nd appointment at the midwifery on August 8th. Generally at the midwifery, they don't do any ultrasounds. However, my midwife told me at my first appointment that they have an ancient machine they nicknamed WALL-E and if I'd like to, they can take a peek at the second appointment. If I'd like?! No-brainer! So I asked when I got there if it were still an option and she said yes! After putting on a very awkward fitting gown, my midwife wanted to listen to the heartbeat with a doppler. Oh. My. God. That heartbeat was the most amazing sound I've ever heard in my life. Yeah, I bawled like a baby and I didn't care. Haha :D My midwife gave me a hug and the look on Mike's face is one I will remember forever! We were both in awe! You'd expect to hear a slow regular heartbeat, but it's much faster! THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP! It sounded like galloping horses. Afterwards, we got to see our little bean! 




Apparently, the head is on the left side, but if you picture it being on the right, baby looks like a little smurf. :D Hehe
After this, everything became so much more real! Beforehand I had no proof besides the positive tests that I was 100% pregnant. I mean there were all the symptoms, but who knows, maybe it could have been for a different reason. I cannot WAIT to meet this little one! And I am looking forward to finding out the gender. :) The midwife said that we will be going to get an ultrasound with a technician at around 20 weeks, full with 3D and everything. And we will get to find out the gender. I am counting the days! And we haven't even made an appointment yet! This next wait is going to be long. I won't be going back to see the doc for another month. How am I going to keep sane for that long? All in good time I guess! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/