Wednesday, September 4, 2013

14 Weeks!



How far along? 14 weeks today! 
Total weight gain/measurements: When I weighed in the day I got my positive test, I was 153. I went down to 140 and am now at 143. So unless you count the weight I gained back, I haven't gained any so far. I can't seem to get up higher than 143 even after eating a meal! Hopefully once this morning sickness subsides, I can start eating larger amounts more regularly.
Maternity clothes: I have a few maternity tops I have really taken a liking to! They are so stretchy and long and comfortable. I haven't been able to wear a lot of my t-shirts, because my belly sticks out the bottom! Other than that I don't need anything quite yet, since my shorts are very stretchy and a big big to begin with and all I wear at home are shorts and yoga pants. :)
Stretch marks? Not yet! When I first found out I was pregnant, I got the Palmer's Stretch Mark Cream, but the smell ended up being too strong for my nose to handle. I ordered Bio Oil off of Amazon and have been putting it on after every shower! It is not as strong smelling and I think will end up doing a better job in the end. I haven't been putting it on more than once a day though, since the oil does take a little while to sink in and I am never in the mood to do it more often than that. 
Sleep: Lately I have been having a very hard time sleeping. I am exhausted, but I can't get comfortable or seem to sleep more than three hours straight without feeling restless. I think this is partially because I have had to give up sleeping on my stomach and I am having some trouble with shortness of breath. I picked up some benadryl, so hopefully that will help clear up my breathing issues, the stuffy nose and help me sleep a little better!
Best moment this week: Noticing my belly begin to "pop"! :D
Miss anything? Coffee. I know I could still drink it here and there, but I my stomach will not tolerate it, at least at the moment. It's not even really the taste as much as the whole "zen" of drinking that morning cup of coffee. I've had tea a few times, but it's not quite the same.
Movement: I could have sworn I've felt little squirmies, but only when laying on my back right after or before a meal. But then again, I am only 13 weeks, so there is still much more to come!
Food cravings: I don't really crave one thing in particular, but when I do crave anything, it's almost always salty. Sweet things leave such a weird aftertaste and I find myself not enjoying sweets as much anymore. Also for some reason I am really craving a glass of red Hawaiian Punch right now!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Smells. If there is anything I would LOVE to give up right now, it would be my sense of smell. Anything from barbecue to that mysterious earthy smell our bathroom has, it makes me gag. I start to cough, then gag, then in some cases throw up. Totally uncool. I also don't do too well around the gas stove unless I have the vent on. Especially when cooking hamburger meat! 
Gender: Unknown 
Labour signs: Nope!
Symptoms: My nausea has improved and I haven't been vomiting as frequently. Yaay! I hope it keeps getting better from here on out! I also feel tired a lot of the time. It helps if I take a nap during the day. I've also noticed my allergies have REALLY been acting up. My nose gets clogged and yesterday in particular, I spent the whole day blowing my nose. My breathing has also been acting up - I experience shortness of breath often, especially in the mornings. No acne at the moment, but that tends to change from one day to the next so I am going to go knock on wood now! ;D
Belly button in or out? In
Happy or moody most of the time: It really varies. The smallest things can set me off in any direction! I try to keep optimistic and positive most of the time for the sake of Mike and myself. :D teehehe
Looking forward to: My next midwife appointment, which is TOMORROW! Yaaay! The month long wait will finally come to an end! :D 


1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/