Wednesday, October 2, 2013

18 Weeks Pregnant



Good grief what a week this has been. I've been sick with a nasty cold and also ended up in the ER, which is why there was no chalkboard picture last week. Sorry about that! :/ 

How far along? 18 Weeks
Total weight gain/measurements: I had gone all the way up to 146! I was so excited, then stepped on the scale Monday and was all the way down to 141. This was after my visit to the E.R. I am still 141 today - my appetite has been pretty low and I know being sick with the cold didn't help. We will see what my midwife says tomorrow.
Maternity clothes: I found yesterday that I still fit in my jeans! For now! lol - But I have to wear them so low under my belly that I actually have to wear a belt to keep them from sliding down! So I will be getting some maternity jeans soon, now that it is getting a little cooler. 
Stretch marks? None yet!
Sleep: To my surprise, the only thing that is good right now is my sleep! Mike and I have been going to bed at the same time, fairly early and are both up by 7. I do get up at night several times to use the restroom, but I haven't had any trouble falling back to sleep. I also haven't been needing to get up at night for a snack anymore. Even though I want to most of the time, I haven't been taking naps during the day lately, just because I don't want to mess up my sleep schedule!
Best moment this week: Seeing baby on the ultrasound machine! I was doing so terribly and was very, very afraid that the baby was not okay. A gigantic boulder dropped off my shoulders when I saw that strong heartbeat! 
Miss anything? A normal sized bladder!
Food cravings: Ritz crackers. Not really a craving, but more a food that actually stays down! Everything I crave right now would not sit well in my stomach at all.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Same as before - smells and the need to cough. 
Gender: Unknown 
Labor signs: Nope!
Symptoms: As you read before, I went to the ER this week. I had been having stomach pain since around 4 o'clock that afternoon and it got progressively worse throughout the night, until it was almost unbearable. Mike and I headed to the ER around midnight and were there till 4 AM. I was put on an IV drip for fluids, since I had been vomiting and was given a small dose of morphine for the pain. The baby is 100% healthy and well! Thank God - words cannot express how thankful I was when I saw that little heart beat. I ended up being diagnosed with gastritis, which is an irritation of the stomach lining. I am guessing this could be from the frequent vomiting. Also, I was diagnosed with another UTI, which I am now on antibiotics for for the next week. I've still got the morning sickness, but am beginning to wonder if it is related to the gastritis or UTI. We will have to see once both clear up!
Belly button in or out? Still in
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy that baby bean is okay! I do get very weepy and emotional but for the most party I am pretty happy.
Looking forward to: My appointment tomorrow! Hope we finally make the appointment for my gender ultrasound! 


1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/