Wednesday, March 5, 2014

40 Weeks Pregnant



How far along? 40 weeks! Today is my due date. Where's Vince? All comfy cozy in mommy's belly! I truly hope this is my last weekly bump update for this pregnancy xD Vince is estimated to be about 7 1/2 lbs. So pretty average! 
Total weight gain/measurements: Gained 16 lbs since pre-pregnancy
Maternity clothes: My maternity jeans are super tight! My yoga pants are definitely the most comfortable at this point. Shirts are pretty much the same except a few, which my belly will stick out of!
Stretch marks? >.< I feel like I get more every day! And they ITCH. They are all still below my belly button, so I can only see them when I look in the mirror. 
Sleep: I have not been able to sleep more than 4 hours per night in a week. And that's not even 4 hours straight with all the trips to the bathroom. I am exhausted, but my insomnia is so terrible, that I can't sleep. And acid reflux contributes to the problem on the nights that I have it. I think I'm going to actually listen to my midwife and just start taking benadryl every night to help me sleep. I want to at least try to enjoy sleep before the baby gets here and it's just impossible!
Best moment this week: A coworker of my mother in law's brought a huge bag of her son's old clothes to work for us to have! It was such an awesome and much appreciated surprise. :) I also got a few more clothes, a baby carrier and some diapers from my aunt and my friend Amber! I am so thankful for all the help we have gotten!
Miss anything?: Sleep. Need I say more?
Movement: Lots of sliding and lots of cervix headbutting. He is now at almost a 0 station, so if he were much lower, he'd basically be in the birth canal. My midwife literally had to push up his head to check my cervix! Because of how low he is, he hits a nerve in the left side of my groin that literally makes me drop to my knees. It is soooo painful! At the same time I feel bad for him because I know how limited his space is. 
Food cravings: Nothing this week really.
Anything making you queasy or sick? I am not sure exactly what is causing it, but similar to last week, I will start getting this really sharp upper back pain and feel incredibly queasy out of the blue. Since the false labor and vomiting episode last week, I've been taking Zofran again. My midwife suggested I take it as a precaution when feeling, even if I don't quite feel like I'm about to hurl, just to avoid that happening again. They are thinking that the vomiting episodes could have been the cause of my false labor both times.  
Gender: Boy! :)
Labor signs: Been experiencing contractions on and off, but not incredibly strong and difficult to track. They are definitely not braxton hicks, because no matter what I do, they won't go away. They just eventually space out and go away on their own, usually right as I am getting ready to start timing them, funny enough!. I unfortunately did not make any progress this past week. So I am still 80% effaced and just under 2cm dilated.   
Symptoms: Regular contractions, braxton hicks contractions, acid reflux and fatigue. Thank goodness no vomiting this week!
Belly button in or out? Still either flat or out, depending on my position. I've forgotten what it's like to have a normal belly button anymore! Haha! 
Happy or moody most of the time: Been doing a lot better this week emotionally. I am so thankful for Mike, who has helped keep me sane and positive this week. So I've been happy most of the time. :)
Looking forward to: Meeting my baby boy!!


1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
 photo Leah_zpsc2dda01b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/