Friday, March 14, 2014

1 Week Old!



Vincent Paul is here!! Mike and I are head over heels in love with this baby boy! He has such a little personality already. Since I probably won't have a whole ton to report weekly, I am going to begin doing monthly updates like these instead. However, I will be making other posts in between! :) I am so excited to be starting this new chapter in my life as a mommy and I am excited to share it with all of you!

Height/Weight: At his first appointment with the pediatrician on Tuesday, Vincent had not only gained back the 4oz he lost after birth, but gained an extra 5! That puts him at 7lbs 13oz.   
Daily: Since he is still a newborn, it's pretty basic: eat, diaper change, sleep, eat, diaper change, sleep. He does have times in the day when he is pretty alert and active, but he is pretty mellow for the most part. The evening is when he seems the most alert. He will look around and squeak - it's very cute. :) But then again, I'm his mommy, so I think anything he does is cute, unless it involves screaming bloody murder at 3 in the morning for no reason what so ever. xD haha
Sleep: Although Vince sleeps a lot, he does most of his napping during the day. At night, he tends to be more alert. I am trying to do little activities with him in the evenings, so that he can begin to sleep for longer periods at night. I can tell he is about to zonk out when he looks at me with his mouth hanging wide open. He is snoozing with his mouth wide open as we speak, as a matter of fact. The first few days, I was setting an alarm to get him up for feedings, but I've realized we don't need it anymore. He does a great job at waking me up with light cooing when he starts to get hungry. This gives me a moment to wake up and get myself situated to feed him before he starts to get fussy. So it has been working out pretty well. Eating: Vince does excellent breastfeeding! I was so worried that I wouldn't make enough or that something else would get in the way and I'd end up having to formula feed. Besides being VERY sore, it has been working out better than I ever could have hoped!! I have been struggling a bit with oversupply since my milk came in, but it should even itself out within the next weeks. He also gets full very quickly - I feel like I'm drowning the poor kid! He went from feeding 30-45 minutes every 3 hours the first few days to now feeding for 10 minutes every 1.5 to 3 hours. It just depends. I feed him on demand. So if he is showing signs of hunger, I feed him. If he is sleeping, I wait until the 3 hour mark to wake him up, unless he wakes up himself. Sizes: He is wearing both newborn sized clothes and diapers. I was actually almost expecting him to be a bit bigger and not be able to fit in newborn size very long! But it looks like he will for a while longer. :) I love how tiny he is! I'm not gonna lie; I will probably bawl my eyes out when I put away his newborn clothes. 
Milestones:
  • First car ride on the way home from the hospital
  • First night without fussing on Tuesday night
  • First smile
  • First sponge bath
  • First Outing - to Walmart xD Hey...we were getting him a bouncer. 

That's about it! I look forward to continuing with this series - I had so much fun doing the chalkboard photos and pregnancy updates every week! I will make other posts as often as I can. 

 photo Leah_zpsc2dda01b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/