Thursday, February 27, 2014

39 Weeks Pregnant - Full Term!



How far along? 39 weeks and officially full term! Ready whenever you are, little man!
Total weight gain/measurements: No weight gain this week. 
Maternity clothes: Unless I am leaving the house, I only wear my stretchy yoga pants and hubby's big shirts. Otherwise pretty much all maternity! 
Stretch marks? Yeeeaaahh go ahead. Rub it in. xD Haha
Sleep: I can barely sleep if at all while baby boy is active. And that is mostly at night. Once he finally settles down, I can get comfortable enough to fall asleep. This is why my sleep pattern is a little different now, because if I want to get any sleep at all, it has to be when he is sleeping. I think the way he is positioned is the reason I am getting that sharp, shooting pain in my cervix. Every single time he moves, I feel like I am being stabbed, especially when laying down! It may sound crazy, but I see it as an opportunity to prepare myself for how it will be once he is here. I am already taking "sleep when the baby sleeps" very seriously!
Best moment this week: Honestly, it has been a really rough week. The best part was hearing Vincent's heart thumping away in labor and delivery. Words can't describe how calming that sound is to me!!
Miss anything?: Eating what I'd like! I hate that there are certain things I crave but just can't eat because they give me such bad acid reflux. I guess in a way it's a good thing, since those things aren't particularly healthy (chocolate, cheddar cheese....mmmm), but I really do miss it.  
Movement: Poor friend is totally out of room! He was stuck with his back to my right for weeks and weeks. I finally got him flipped over to the other side with his back to my left a few days ago. One of my midwives said it would be easier to deliver with him on that side. 
Food cravings: Nothing in particular - I will either just crave salt or sweet in general.
Anything making you queasy or sick? The nausea and throwing up I experienced on Tuesday night hit me right out of the blue. I really do not know what caused it!  
Gender: Boy! :)
Labor signs: I am going to make a separate post about this, because it's kind of a long story. But to make it quick, I had another false labor episode on Tuesday night. I had contractions 2-3 minutes apart for about 12 hours. I was in labor and delivery and had to be put on two bags of IV fluid to get re-hydrated. The contractions stopped yesterday. Everyone, including my midwives, thought that he was on his way! But I guess baby boy has another day in mind. I am emotionally and physically exhausted and I don't know how many more times I can do this with it leading to nowhere. But baby boy is healthy and that's all I can ask for! He will come when he is ready and I will do my best to be patient!
Symptoms: Regular contractions, braxton hicks contractions, acid reflux, vomiting and fatigue
Belly button in or out? Depending on baby's position, it's either flat or it sticks out to where you can see it through my shirt. It feels so weird xD  
Happy or moody most of the time: Honestly moody this week, but mostly hormone related. At this point I am just so ready to be done with pregnancy and meet my son that I'm on edge a lot of the time! And the contractions that have gotten my hopes up, then gone away have been so discouraging and frustrating. But deep down I truly am happy, especially knowing that my baby boy is healthy. :D 
Looking forward to: Holding my boy for the first time <3


1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
 photo Leah_zpsc2dda01b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/