Wednesday, February 5, 2014

36 Weeks Pregnant



How far along? 36 Weeks! I am officially in my 9th month of pregnancy! And Vincent's due date is exactly one month from today. My uterus measures at 35cm and baby boy is estimated to be around 6 pounds! 
Total weight gain/measurements: 165 lbs - 12 lbs heavier than my starting weight
Maternity clothes: I went to Walmart and bought a nursing bra this week. I thought it might be a good idea to get now, since I've heard they can take some getting used to. But honestly, it's so freaking comfortable, I don't want to take it off! I won't get any more until after baby is here, just in case I end up going up another cup size. I'd like to get a nursing tank before baby arrives as well if I am able, so that I can wear it in the hospital. I also got a maternity support band, which we happened to find at Walmart by the bras - if I had known earlier that they had them, I would have gotten it MONTHS ago! It's so comfortable and it really helps my back! It should come in handy when we start getting this house packed up.
Stretch marks? I thought I spotted a few of them on the lower right side of my belly, but they ended up just being marks from miss Marshmallow clawing my belly. xD
Sleep: Terrible. I am up between 6 and 8 times per night to pee. And getting up and down has become very difficult. I feel like a turtle on its back when attempting to roll over. And with my abdominal muscles being split apart, I have to be extra careful not to put a strain on them when I move while laying down. (Which is next to impossible) Also, for some reason, my male cat thinks that he needs to prepare me for motherhood. So he has begun to yowl at our door in half hour to two hour intervals. I let him in, he wants out between 30 minutes and an hour later. (I can't leave our door open because our other cat will pee on our bed.) The only reason I don't completely lose it when he wakes me up, is because I usually have to go to the bathroom anyway! xD I'm glad that once Vincent is here, at least I won't have this big ol' belly weighing me down, making it so hard to get in and out of the bed! Haha
Best moment this week: Mike deciding to wait until the day after the shower to go to Texas! Since his car is not in the best shape and he has never taken a road trip with it before, we decided it would be a good idea for him to caravan down there with his sister on Monday, just in case something happens. Also, my mom arrived in New Mexico yesterday! She isn't actually in town yet, but will be tomorrow. I am so excited! :3
Miss anything?: Sleep, walking without a waddle and being able to look down and see my toes! Haha
Movement: Hiccups, rolling and stretching! This boy likes to punch me in the sides and stretch his feet out really far into my ribs. I have to lean back wherever I'm sitting when he does this, or his foot will seriously get stuck in my ribs. It doesn't hurt; it just feels really weird and uncomfortable. He has also gotten in the habit of bunching himself up in a ridiculously crooked manner, making my belly lopsided and HURT. I have the hardest time telling what kind of gymnastics he is doing, because I will get a huge bump above my belly button, a gap with nothing below, and then another huge bump starting at my belly button going down. I don't understand how that's supposed to work! 
Food cravings: Cereal
Anything making you queasy or sick? Lack of sleep. A lot of the time I will get up in the morning, eat a little bit, stay up and end up feeling so nauseated that I have to go back to bed for a while. Once I wake back up, the nausea is thankfully almost always gone!
Gender: Boy! :)
Labor signs: At my appointment today, my midwife checked my cervix; I am 60% effaced and 1cm dilated, so things are happening! I could feel her push on his head when he checked, so he is pretty low and everyone's theory of him dropping was right. I've also been having a lot of braxton hicks and I think I may have lost part of my mucous plug the other day. I was thinking my entire pregnancy that I'd go at least a week past my due date, now I am not so sure. He may end up coming quite a bit earlier! We will just have to wait and see :)
Symptoms: Lots of back pain and my belly literally feels like it's going to burst. I know I don't have a very big belly, but it is hard as a rock and my skin feels like it is stretched out to the maximum capacity at the moment, especially when I'm having braxton hicks. I didn't think it would be possible to have to go to the bathroom more than I already was, but I was wrong. Also...may be a bit TMI, but my "system" has been keeping itself pretty flushed lately. I went from not being able to go for days to having to go several times a day. The first half of the week, my acid reflux was really bad, but it's been better the last couple days. I think it may be a result of him dropping a bit.
Belly button in or out? Out!
Happy or moody most of the time: Too tired to be much of anything at the moment! Haha xD
Looking forward to: Seeing my mom tomorrow and my baby shower on Sunday! :D I'm so excited! Funny to think that the second baby shower I'd ever attend would be my own.


1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
 photo Leah_zpsc2dda01b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/