Back in November, I received this complimentary Vick's EasyFill Cool Mist Humidifier VoxBox from Influenster. And oh my goodness, it couldn't have arrived at a better time! It's winter, so naturally, we've been having some crud going around for a bit. Coughs, runny noses, congestion, head colds, sinus problems et cetera. On top of that, New Mexico extremely dry, particularly in the winter when you've got the heater running! I've had so many problems with dry skin and lips and a sore throat in the mornings, which a humidifier definitely helps with.
I purchased our first cool mist humidifier per Samantha's pediatrician's recommendation, when she was having some congestion problems as a newborn. Walmart's selection was pretty limited at that point and I needed something cheap that would get us by. It did was it was supposed to do, but wasn't fantastic.
This Vick's humidifier has been nothing but amazing. Here are the features that I've loved the most:
1. It holds 1/4 of a gallon more than our old humidifier did (1.25 gallon tank capacity) and runs up to 36 hours.
2. It is insanely easy to refill! Because of it's slim design and shape, I am able to remove it, set it upright in our sink and let it fill up. With our old one, I had to hold it at a super awkward angle to get it to fill and I wouldn't be able to fill it all the way unless I used a pitcher or a cup. I also couldn't set it down in the sink to fill it, due to its funky shape.
3. There is the option of adding 1-2 VapoPads, which provide soothing menthol vapors. We used the one the humidifier came with one night and it worked wonders for my stuffed up nose!
4. The knob allows you to control the mist output, as opposed to two output settings like our old humidifier had. It also shuts itself off automatically once the tank is empty and has a small light to indicate that it's turned on.
5. It is QUIET. Seriously - without the little light shining, you can hardly even tell it's running! Our old one was pretty noisy.
6. This humidifier has no filter, whereas our old one did and needed to be replaced every so often.
7. You can change the direction of which way the mist blows without having to reposition the humidifier, simply by lifting the piece and rotating it. (Pictured below)
8. This is totally unimportant and minor, but I LOVE the sleek and modern design! Our old one looks like something out of the 80s, whereas this one is quite a bit more pleasing to the eye up on top of the dresser! xD
I'll add that since we've been using the humidifier every night, our congestion and coughs have drastically improved! Samantha went from having what we thought was a cold of some sort to absolutely no issues within about a few nights of using this consistently. I've turned it off for a couple of nights here and there to test the difference and it's extremely noticeable! I'm not sure how we slept without this thing before we got it.
The only two complaints I have (which honestly aren't even really complaints) are: 1. I preferred the way the mist sort of blew out of our old humidifier like a vent. This one has the mist coming out of the top, so I feel like you're not getting quite as direct of a hit with the humidity. 2. I could honestly do without the light on the knob to adjust the humidity. While it is useful, I tend to be bothered by lights like that in the bedroom at night. I solved it by simply turning the humidifier in the other direction, so it's not too bright.
All in all, I am extremely pleased with this humidifier and highly recommend it!! :D Here's a photo of a happy baby after the congestion finally went away:
If you're interested in testing this humidifier out for yourself, you can find it on Amazon by following this link:
Disclaimer: I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing and reviewing purposes.