Tuesday, March 8, 2016

40 Weeks Pregnant - Baby #2!



How far along?: 40 weeks pregnant - it's my due date!!
Total weight gain/measurements: 178.4lbs (+38.6 lbs), belly 46.5 inches around
Maternity clothes: I can't tell you how much time I spend staring at my clothes before finally deciding on something to wear anymore, because hardly anything fits over my belly! xD 
Stretch marks? I've definitely gotten a few new ones this pregnancy, but it's hard to tell exactly when they pop up, because of the way they blend in with my old ones.
Sleep: It depends on the night! Some nights the sleep is just about non-existent and other nights I sleep like a log. I still wake up feeling hungover (totally not cool lol!!), but at least it was sleep!! 
Best moment this week: Two awesome things this week: Saturday, mom and I went to go get mani/pedis, which was exactly what the Dr. ordered!! My feet have felt a million times better since, despite the swelling. And Vincent's 2nd birthday was yesterday, so we took him to Chuck E Cheese's! Mike and I aren't sure if he had more fun or if we did! :D It's also been beyond wonderful in general to get so much time with Mike this past week, since he was off. It's the first time we've ever been able to really relax and enjoy several straight days of each other's company since Vince was born, without traveling!
Miss anything? Sleep and being able to walk without being in pain xD
Movement: She has been a little less active this week, which has worried me, but every time I find myself freaking out, she starts doing insane somersaults! I think it might just be a matter of her being tired and running out of room. On Thursday, I'll be having a NST at my appointment (if I am still pregnant by then), so that will definitely give me peace of mind.
Food Cravings: Ice cream. It's funny, I realized the other day that I never really mentioned a huge craving I've had, particularly during this last trimester of pregnancy! I have been LOVING strawberry cheesecake master shakes from Sonic! They are SOOOO good.
Anything making you queasy or sick? I've had a couple bouts of nausea this past week, particularly in the evening, but there's nothing specific I can think of that could've caused it. Other than that nothing!
Gender: Girl
Labor signs: Doc ended up checking me at my appointment last Thursday and I am 1cm dilated and 80% effaced. So there's not too much happening. I think I was 80% effaced and just under 2cm dilated with Vince at 40 weeks. On the night of the 3rd, I was having some pretty intense contractions, but they ended up stopping at around 2AM. They were strange - only lasting 30-45 seconds, but 2.5-3 minutes apart. I'm thinking I might not have had quite enough water that day, which would explain why they were so intense and stopped.
Symptoms: Same as last week; loads of braxton hicks contractions, fatigue, extreme nesting syndrome, swollen feet and back pain.
Belly button in or out? Out!
Happy or moody most of the time: Eh. To be completely honest, I've been a little moody this week, despite my best efforts. Because of there being no work and Mike getting the time off, unfortunately we won't be able to afford for him to take any more days off after Samantha gets here like we'd planned. It was SO wonderful to get to spend all that extra time with him, but I did do just about everything in my power to try and throw myself into labor this past week and it emotionally and physically took it out of me. He is back at work today, so I am waving the white flag and putting my feet up! Not in defeat, but because I know it is absolutely not worth stressing over and she will come when she is ready! :) And I am completely okay with that. I am a bit worried that I'll go into labor and not be able to reach him or that he will miss the birth, but I know somehow, it will all work itself out! As long as everyone is healthy, we are both happy! :)
Looking forward to: Meeting our baby girl! :D 

Here's a 40 week comparison photo! I didn't realize until putting these side by side how much bigger I am this time around!!


1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
(Hoping I won't have to add a 41 to this in a week! xD)
 photo SignatureNew_zps8f6012f6.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leah | www.sahmiam13.blogspot.com/